In the state of New York, medical malpractices are frequently brought forth for a variety of reasons. Hospital errors, in fact, are the third leading cause of death in the United States. If you suffered from medical malpractice, a professional medical malpractice lawyer can represent you with the respect and compassion you deserve.
Types of Medical Errors
- Misdiagnosis – Failure to diagnose is a common medical problem. The failure to diagnose life-threatening situations can cause future injuries or even death.
- Surgical errors – If tools are left inside the body, an infection can occur, leading to serious health issues or even death.
- Failure to treat – If the doctor correctly diagnoses a condition but fails to treat it properly with an acceptable standard of care, then they are considered negligent. Discharging a patient too soon or failing to provide follow-up care can also lead to a medical malpractice lawsuit.
- Birth injuries – Spinal cord injuries or cerebral palsy are two examples of injuries caused by medical errors that require future medical care throughout one’s life.
- Prescription drug errors – When doctors make mistakes prescribing medication or instruct the patient to take the incorrect dose, someone can be hurt.
Call to Schedule a Free Consultation with a Medical Malpractice Attorney in New York Today
If you or a loved one have been injured due to a medical error, you should schedule a free consultation with the Peter M. Jasen, P.C. law firm. We serve the cities of Buffalo, Amherst, Cheektowaga, Hamburg, and surrounding New York areas. Call us at (716) 472-4444 and let us provide you with legal guidance you can count on so you can file and win a medical malpractice lawsuit in the State of New York.